Sunday, February 6, 2011

How to disable synaptics touchpad scroll on CentOS 5.5

It has been several month since I had my last post. Since I need to use MS Office 2010 for our topic presentation, defense etc, I rarely use CentOS on my laptop. 

So, recently I got bored on my Win7 and had a chance to visit my CentOS, and I almost forgot that I didn't configured out yet the touchpad's settings (synaptics)

If you "man synaptics" on terminal and scroll down a bit, you could see that there's a parameter called HorizScrollDelta and VertScrollDelta. heeeheee!

Now fire up your favorite text editor and open (make sure you sudo or su - root):

/etc/X11/xorg.conf

Locate InputDevice which has Synaptics id.

add these lines:

Option "HorizScrollDelta" "0"
Option "VertScrollDelta" "0"

Save and then logout or CTRL+ALT+BKSPCE! 

Cheers! 





No comments:

Post a Comment